Video Review: Timbers earn penalty for foul in box on Diego Valeri
In the 30th minute of the Week 25 match between the Portland Timbers and Colorado Rapids, referee David Gantar employed Video Review for a potential penalty kick foul committed by Rapids defender Mike da Fonte on Portland’s Diego Valeri.
After the cross into the Rapids box finished out of play for a goal kick, Gantar signaled for Video Review and overturned his original decision, awarding a penalty kick to the Timbers after replays showed Da Fonte pulled Valeri’s jersey in the box.
For more information on Video Review and to view other instances of Video Review, visit MLSsoccer.com/VideoReview.
- SHOT: Diego Valeri shot goes wide of the net0:29
- GOAL: Diego Valeri header opens the scoring0:51
- SHOT: Sebastian Blanco shot sails high0:46
- GOAL: Darlington Nagbe turning shot scores a beauty0:44
- GOAL: Mohammed Saied opens his MLS account0:39
- Video Review: Timbers awarded penalty for foul in box on Diego Valeri2:29
- PK MISS: David Guzman misses penalty kick0:22
- YELLOW CARD: Diego Chara is shown yellow card after a bad foul0:38
- SHOT: Darlington Nagbe rocket goes over the net0:28
- YELLOW CARD: David Guzman is shown a yellow card1:05
- SHOT: Sebastian Blanco skies his shot from close range0:39