Vancouver Whitecaps 3, Chicago Fire 2 | 2018 MLS Match recap
Kei Kamara pounced for his second brace in his last four matches, Jordon Mutch added his first MLS goal and the Vancouver Whitecaps snapped a two-game losing skid with a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Fire on Saturday night at BC Place.
Kamara's seventh and eighth goals of the campaign helped the Whitecaps to their 11th multi-goal performance of the season, after being shut out in their two previous losses. Alphonso Davies added his team-leading eighth assist on on Kamara's second goal.
But despite a flurry of late chances, Chicago saw their modest unbeaten run snapped at five matches as they failed to snag a point on the road for a third consecutive match.
- 28' - VAN - Kei Kamara | Watch
- 42' - CHI - Nemanja Nikolic | Watch
- 47' - VAN - Jordon Mutch | Watch
- 72' - VAN - Kei Kamara | Watch
- 81' - CHI - Tony Tchani | Watch
- THE BIG PICTURE: Vancouver continue to possess a feast-or-famine element to their attack. They've scored multiple goals in 11 games, been shut out six times, and scored a single goal in only two matches. Meanwhile, despite their recent unbeaten stretch, the Fire are still struggling to defend consistently. They've conceded 19 times in their last 10 matches.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Tchani's strike off the turn from a scramble inside the penalty area was worthy of a match-winner. Unfortunately for his side, it was good enough only for a consolation goal.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Kamara had the brace and Davies continued to show boundless potential on the left, but it was Yordy Reyna's relentless play on the right flank over the opening 75 minutes that made the 'Caps go. He was the driving force behind Kamara's first, and should've had an assist when his inch-perfect throughball forced Richard Sanchez's denial of Davies on the breakaway.